Monday, November 8, 2010

I know how important it truly is to prepare.



Well this week has been really incredible. I have felt the love of our Savior this week abundantly. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to prepare for Zone Conference. Preparing for Zone Conference this time was different from the last times I prepared for it. I went into my study with a question in mind and received some wonderful revelation. I have really learned my purpose as a missionary. I am to invite everyone to repent. I have seen a drastic change in my teaching as I have applied the Doctrine of Christ in my teaching. I am so grateful for all the revelation I received at Zone Conference from the Spirit. I now know how important it truly is to prepare.
Well this week has been truly amazing. Sariah was baptized and confirmed this weekend. It was absolutely wonderful. It was a bit hectic but the Spirit was there to testify of the truthfulness of the ordinance. The Bishop said that this Saturday was going to be good and we would do it at 3. Well he forgot about his son's wedding reception so there was a lot of running around going on in the Church while we were getting ready. On top of that the Hot water wasn't working so the water was really cold. John (Sariah's Father) showed up 20 minutes late as well so we didn't start till he got there. Well all went well. Satan was trying to make everything not work but in the end everything was wonderful. I was grateful just to be apart of the experience. The ward really took over everything. She is going to be the key to helping her whole family become members of the Church. She is the reason why they started coming to Church. They told us yesterday that Sariah told her mom the she wanted to go back to Church. Well that night we showed up. The Lord hears the prayers of the Children. "Faith like a little Child" She was Confirmed on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. We were really worried and on the edge of our chairs because Sacrament meeting had started and they weren't there yet. Well we had the hymn and prayer and they still weren't there. Thank goodness there was a baby blessing. Right when they had finished the blessing Sariah walked in looking so brilliant as she was dressed in white. She got called right up and was confirmed a member of the Church. It was amazing to be apart of that experience. I am so excited for the members to go over and teach her the new member lessons. It is going to be wonderful. I know that the Lord will soften the hearts of the family and they will begin to take the lessons as well. Darlene started meeting with the bishop a couple of weeks ago and told us that she would be getting baptized soon. Her father will be next.
Well we had a wonderful lesson with Ian this week. HE IS ON FIRE. He is always so prepared for our lesson spiritually and mentally. He is always prepared to learn and ask us questions. It is really exciting to see his progress. We found out that his concern is about temples. He is having a hard time understanding the principle of them. We told him that his problem would be solved when he understood the Book of Mormon and understood that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I am so grateful for the October Ensign. It has really helped me out. I have learned alot about temples and we are excited to help him understand them more and help him receive that answer of why he needs to be sealed in them. We gave him a pretty bold promise this week. We told him if he started out his study of 3 Nephi 11 with a prayer, read through it and then pondered it for 15-20 minutes and then got down and prayed to know if the book of mormon is true that he would receive his answer. The spirit guided that promise and I know it will be fulfilled. We fasted and prayed about that promise and we know that he will receive his answer. We are really excited for him. He also came to the Baptism and loved it. He said it made sense and it was very peaceful and edifying. I am so excited for him. We are going to invite him to be baptized this week for November 27. He is truly ready. He has been to Church three times!
Well Sister Rodriguez decided that she is going to be moving with her family to Fountain, North Carolina. I think it will be best for her to get a new start out there. We are going to be meeting with her one last time and moving her date so that the other Elders can help her be prepared to be baptized. I know that she knows the Church is true. We are really excited for her to be a member. It has truly been bring her family close together and hopefully will help re activate he family. I know that the Lord has a plan for her and that he will guide her and help her so that she can live with him again.
Well we were able to see Jimmy for the first time in 6 weeks. It was so wonderful to see him. The whole family has changed. They have started praying and together as a family and have started attending both the Pentecostal and LDS church. They want us to keep coming back and to help them grown as a family. They are wonderful. I really feel such a great love for them and want them to join so bad. I know that the Lord will help us overcome whatever obstacles they have and help them do the same. I am really excited to teach them again next week. We gave them a proclamation to the family to read and study before we come back!
We also got another new investigator. The other Elders taught a lady in our area because they got the referral for her. So they did a great job teaching her. Her name is Sister Shock. We are going over to meet her this week and will be able to see what she needs. She had a baptismal date forDecember 11th but by the end of the lesson there wasn't a date. So we will see what happened and help set that date with her. She came to Church yesterday and really enjoyed it. The ward was really great. We will find out more information and I will let you know next week about her.
Well I am grateful to be serving here. I love Goldsboro so much and I love the ward as well. We are starting to work even more with the ward to try and find who we can teach. We got really fired up after the role play at Zone Conference. I really needed that role play. I wasn't sure how dinner appointments were supposed to go. We have already gotten a referral from applying this new way of teaching. I am starting to really realize my purpose as a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment