Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wake Forest!

Well I am sure you are wondering where I have gone!!! It was a bit of a shock leaving my last ward. I love that ward so much. I put so much of my energy, time and love into that ward. It definitely was a changing point for me on my mission. I grew so much in that ward it was unbelievable! We had a really great family home evening at the Harpers with the McLeods! I am really going to miss Ian and Natasha. They wrote really touching things in my book of remembrance. I am so excited for him to be baptized on the 18th. It will definitely be great. I hope to get pictures from Elder Scott. So Elder Scotts new boy is a wrestler its really funny. I can't remember his name though but he seems to be really excited about it. So enough about everyone else right, you just want to know where I am at.
Well when we were at transfer meeting I was the 2nd last one to get called out. Everyone thought I was going to Harker's Island but nope. I got my name called out and then Elder Petersen's name got called out. That means we are whitewashing just from that. Well it gets even better. We are whitewashing/opening a new ward! Talk about terrified and paranoid. So I am now serving in the Wake Forest 1st and 2nd Ward. The second ward was just created at the beginning of November. Its pretty crazy. We are also working with Sister Missionaries as well who are serving in the Falls Lake Ward. They were covering all the area for a couple of weeks. They are also working in a bit of our area as well. They will be teaching whoever we think would be best for sister's to teach. We already have given them a referral for a single lady. The AP's have also been teaching an investigator from our ward to so we will be starting to teach him this week. Its been a really crazy time though. Definitely been really hard. The Lord has definately comforted me in my calling. I trust Him in all that I do. We spent alot of time in the apartment this past week. It was pretty terrible, but had to be done. We had to make new maps, get new directories, go through the Area Books, meet with all the auxiliaries and find time to sleep somewhere. Its been crazy. I have learned alot though. Its amazing how much you can get done with the Lord helping you.
Our wards are amazing. We had a Christmas party which was amazing. The first ward is really amazing. Our ward mission leader is so missionary oriented. It is great. He is around our age (25's) and is so excited about missionary work. He is going to set this place on fire. The first ward didn't have church on Sunday because it snowed. Can you believe that. We got maybe and inch and they cancelled. The roads were fine. The 2nd ward didn't cancel their meetings which was great. They are a great ward as well. Our ward mission leader is great there as well. I am so excited to be here.
I'm sorry this is bit short but I'm pretty tired myself from this past week so we are going to relax today.
We have been working alot on getting everything organized in the area. We have made a new map for the area since the ward boundaries have changed. We also have got new ward directories and have the Ward Mission Leaders taking the lists of Part Member and Less Active families and discussing it with their quorums so see who we can visit and if they have any information of fellowshippers. We have also met with our bishops of both wards, mission leaders and some of the ward missionaries. I am just so excited to serve in these wards. They are very missionary oriented. We even got a referral this week from our ward mission leader.

Our ward mission leaders are amazing!!! They are just so great. We had meetings with them both a couple of times this week already and they have some really great plans that they want to happen. They are both going to take a "potential investigators" sheet and get the ward missionaries and themselves and go to every active member and ask them who they know we can teach. They are also going to get the ward mission plan going as well. I am really excited for this area and all that our ward mission leaders are doing for us already. I am excited to work side by side with them. I am also grateful for our Bishops. Bishop Dispain and Bishop McEwen are great men. I know they are inspired and we are excited to help lift some of their burdens and not be a burden.

The 1st ward had a Christmas Breakfast on Saturday and it was great to meet some of the members. They invited so many of their friends that weren't members. We are hopefully going to start teaching many of them in the upcoming weeks. 1st Ward cancelled their church on Sunday which was kind of a shocker but we got to meet with the second ward. The members are wonderful. I love them so much. They are so excited to share the gospel with their friends and help us as well. I am truly blessed to be here.

I am really excited for this upcoming week. We have quite a few appointments lined up so hopefully we will be able to find that one baptism for this month. I know its cutting it close but I know that the Lord will provide a way for us if we work our hardest. We have an investigator that the Ap's have been teaching, Steven. He is a really nice guy. We are going to hopefully start teaching him this week after we get our Ward Mission Leader to go with us for an appointment. I see alot in him and he has been coming for about two years now. I hope and pray that we can find his concern and help him into the waters of baptism. We also have a couple of youth that have been coming to church regularly. The ward and us fasted for them both that their parents would soften their hearts and let them be baptized. I am really excited for the work here, The ward is excited, the bishops are excited and we are most definitely excited for this work.

I am really grateful to be here. Elder Petersen and I get along great!!! I know this was inspired and I know that there are people here in these area's that can be baptized. I know there are more than just dozens. I have been overwhelmed about this assignment but I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I did as Mom had suggested and started reading it at least a half an hour a day and have seen an amazing difference. The Book of Mormon truly has comforted me and told me that I can do it if I put my faith in the Lord. There is no growth without discomfort.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment