Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The "President Harding Challenge"

Well there is a lot going on here in Wake Forest. We have had to make some decisions on who we need to drop and who to continue teaching. It has been really hard but I will never forget the experience Elder Hansen and Condie had with a lady that they shared in a Zone Conference. We need to make sure they are progressing and if they are not then we need to find the elect who are looking.

So we have been working a lot with our ward mission leaders in trying to get the Ward Mission Process up and running. We have seen some great success from it. Our days have gone from sort of busy to extremely busy, especially having two wards. I love it. It helps me make sure that I always have the spirit with me so I can just go where He wants me to go.

I love our investigators. The opportunity to serve as a District Leader has helped me increase my love for everyone. I feel like Nephi when he said "My eyes water my pillow by night!" I find myself doing that more often. I truly love my brothers and sisters. I would do anything for them. I hope and pray that the Lord will help my love for them to increase and that I can continue to be more obedient every day in thought and action. It is hard to overcome the natural man but I know that it is part of the Lords plan for us to become saints.

So this past week a lot of our investigators canceled our appointments which was hard but we worked with the members and have been seeing a lot of success from the "President Harding Challenge" We have 4 appointments because of the challenge and we by the end of the month we will be having hopefully 5 more appointments with members friends. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in this stake with inspired leaders. What a privilege it is.

So I had the opportunity to go on an Exchange with Elder VanDeren. He is a wonderful missionary. He has a testimony that is solid and the people really love him. Elder Bartlette and him are definitely getting along great and working hard and are seeing miracles in their area! They are being obedient which is great. I really love those missionaries! The Sisters are doing well! They are getting along great and really "thinking outside of the box" and seeing success that way. I am so grateful to have such great missionaries in the District. The Lord is truly blessing us. I know that I have to work harder in this next week to help my area become a "model area" If the District is going to grow I need to step it up and make sure that I am following the Lord in all I do to find those people who are ready to come unto Christ.
So Josh Coley has decided that he wants to serve a mission. I really truly love that kid so much. He is doing so good. I love his family a lot as well. They have us over for dinner at least once a week and we hang out with them almost every Preparation Day. Such good people. Josh comes out with us whenever we need him so its been great for him. We continue to really work hard with lots of the young men. Its really neat. I love these young men so much. They have so much potential to be the great missionaries of the Church. They are getting better and better each transfer.
Well I am sorry this is short but I don't have that much time. It seems like I never have time to do anything anymore. Its wonderful! I hardly think about myself. I get less sleep because I am always thinking of others. What a unique opportunity I have to be serving at this time. Elder Johnson is a great missionary. I really love him a lot! We get along really well and I have learned a lot from him. He likes to help me remember how old I am in the mission though. I can't even believe how fast it is going. I am starting to appreciate it more and more. I am starting to go out of my way to talk to more people, work harder, study like its my last day and most of all pray like I can change the world. I love it. I don't want it to end! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have each day to share the gospel. I hope that I can continue to grow!
Thank you so much for all the hard work you do for me. Know that I love you very much and and so grateful for your prayers. May the Lord Bless you in all that you do!!!
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment