Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Miracles!

Well this week has been amazing! I am definitely not in a rut anymore. I decided that if I was fulfilling my purpose as a missionary how could I get in a rut!? So I made some goals for myself and will be studying a lot harder and trying to be just more obedient. I am going to stop writing letters other than P-Day and focus ALL of my time on reading the Book of Mormon and studying in Preach My Gospel. Its going to be a hard goal but I am excited to take it on.

We have seen miracles the week. MIRACLES!!! Since Zone Conference I have really been trying to just put my faith in the Lord and let him do all the heavy lifting. He just asks us to be his instrument and just do it his way. I am really excited to take this approach in my missionary work. All I need to do is make sure that I am a worthy conduit of his spirit and letting him mold me into whatever kind of instrument he needs me to be. I am definitely excited about it.

We visited with Elizabeth this week and what a miracle she is. We weren't really sure what we were going to teach her but we were excited to teach her. We knew that we were going to have to bring up the Law of Chasity and The Word of Wisdom sooner or later! Well we started talking about the scriptures and how she needed to read them daily to really find out if what we were preaching was true. We went on about that and how the lord will always provide a way (1 Nephi 3:7) I have used that scripture so many times this week its not even funny! Well I asked her the question "Do you think Heavenly Father will answer your prayer?" She told me yes and I was filled with the spirit and asked her if she would offer the prayer and ask her Heavenly Father if these things were true and pray sincerely from her heart. She was hesitant at first but she agreed to do it. She had never prayed the way we have. Elder Cline showed her how to pray perfectly. She has really bad arthritis and so we asked if we could kneel down on her behalf! It was an amazing experience. The Lord answered our prayers and blessed us for having the faith to be obedient and do what we had been taught to do in Zone Conference. As missionaries you don't get to see the blessings of your hard work sometimes but getting someone to kneel before there Master and God and pray and them have their prayer answered right there was amazing! SHE GOT HER ANSWER! She was crying afterwords. Well I felt prompted to ask them straight up if they were married. They said "no" and so we talked a little bit about the Law of Chasity and told them to pray and talk about it. Steven (her Fiance and Less active member of the Church) smiled. It was a great moment. We also introduced the Word of Wisdom and Steven started to cry. We gave them a Stop Smoking Plan that the Church has come out with and it was amazing. It will be a long road with them but we set a baptismal date for June 20, 2010! I was going to change it when I found out they weren't married but the spirit constrained my tongue! It was incredible. Its the Lords work, not mine. I let my carnal self take over for just a moment but am thankful to the Lord that the spirit was there to constrain my tongue. They can be ready by that date!!!

We also had a lesson with Justice this past week as well. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he answered all of the questions like he was a member of the Church. It was truly inspiring. He is definitely elect!! We then set a baptismal date with him for June 27,2010. Hawk, his member friend that has been with us in the lessons, told us that his birthday was that day!!! Only the Lord knows these things. Hawk will be able to baptize Justice into the Church. How incredible would that be. I am grateful to our members. Really if the members aren't doing missionary work we are just tracting. It's the members who are the ones that find the Elect most of the time.

It has been a really incredible week for me. I have grown a lot and have seen the blessings of trying to be more obedient. The spirit is teaching me so much that I don't know how my brain takes it all in. I am grateful for the opportunity to be out here serving the Lord, Sharing His gospel!!! We have interview with President this week and I am very excited to see him. I love talking to him. He is such an example to me! GUESS WHAT!!!! You were right!!! Elder Bednar is coming to talk with the WHOLE mission on June 5th!!! Not only him but also Elder Snow (president of the seventy) and Elder Giddens (area seventy). I am really excited for that. It will be incredible!!! I love it here. I might find out this week if I'm getting transferred or staying her two but we will see. Transfers are on June 15.

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment