Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kelly Green is Getting Baptized!

Well this week has been so amazing!!! I cant even tell you how excited I am. Kelly Green is getting baptized on May 8th!!! We committed her on Tuesday to be baptized! She asked if I would be the one to baptize her. I was honored when she asked me. I wish her husband could be doing it though but he has made some decisions that are restricting him from doing so but he is on the right track. Man it was so amazing the lesson we had with her. So Kelly has always asked really hard questions and a couple of weeks ago she asked the question "why can men be sealed to more than one woman and woman can only be sealed to one man?" So I answered the question to the best of my ability saying, "that was true and I'm not sure why." Apparently after she got off the phone she was crushed. She started crying and went into a state of darkness. She was about to stop meeting with us and give the gospel up. But she prayed and asked God if this was true and she prayed to know the reason why. She told us that he had an answer clear as day. She felt that the sealing power was a sacred power and that she could be sealed to her husband for time and all eternity. She questioned her answer so she asked again and got the same overwhelming feeling again. We met with her on Tuesday and she told us all of this. When we got there we had a few ideas of what we were going to talk about but not quite sure how to go about it but the spirit prompted me to talk about the Book of Mormon and really emphasize it! I am grateful for the spirit. Apparently she hadn't been reading out of the Book of Mormon and felt bad because of it. She felt like she was wasting our time(Jake told us this when he was driving us home after the appointment). So we talked to her about the importance of reading out of the Book of Mormon and then I felt prompted to ask if we could listen to Elder Hollands talk "Safety for the Soul" What a powerful testimony. We then had silence after the talk and we committed her to read out of the Book of Mormon Daily and to pray and ask if its true. We then told her to phone us IMMEDIATELY when she got her answer because we knew it was going to be soon. We then had a long pause after that. I didn't know why and was kind of confused at the first but the spirit whispered to me "you asked the wrong question but I reworded it for you in her mind" She then said "Yes, I'm ready!!" We then gave her the baptismal commitment found in PMG and set the date for Saturday, May 8th. I am so grateful for the spirit. This is Jesus Christ's work and it will be done his way! I am grateful that the spirit made up for my inadequacy's. I am really excited for her to be baptized. She has grown so much and is really excited about the baptism!!! We have her baptismal interview tonight with the Zone Leaders and then Saturday at 12:30 is her service. We are really excited about that. We got a scare on Saturday though. President Cotterell sent out a voicemail saying there splitting up the Fayetteville Zone into 2 Zones again and the last time they did that they had the Zone Leaders in Pinehurst. So we were nervous that we both were going to be transferred out since Saturday is the day we find out but were not being transferred. I'll be in Pinehurst another 6 weeks!! Astevia and Katherine are doing great. We have been meeting with them regularly again and they are starting to be on fire. They have been reading out of the Book of Mormon a lot more and they really are excited about it. Kim has a boy friend so we haven't seen her since last month. We continue to pray for her! We have been having daily contact with our investigators and its been really great. President knows what he's talking about. We have 2 new investigators this week: Chase and Katherine Sammons. Its so weird to hear my name all the time. We are pretty excited about them. We have also been teaching a less active as well, Steven Wilson and his fiance is investigating, Elizabeth Brown. I am really excited!!!! Things are going really good here! I am excited for the new transfer. Lots to work to be done. Brother Leech is going to be helping us with the New member lessons with Kelly and Jake!!! He is on fire!! I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for the blessing to preach it. I love you all and am grateful for the support you give me.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment