Saturday, September 18, 2010

Roller Coaster of Emotions

Well this week was one of the hardest weeks of my mission. You will see why as the email goes on. It truly has been an emotional roller coaster! But my faith has grown in my Savior and I know my purpose. I can always count on the Lord to send the Holy Ghost to comfort me when I truly need him.
Monday was wonderful. We had a great Preparation day of playing pool and playing board games. We then had an appointment with Shiela but she wasn't home so we went over to see if we could teach Collette. She invited us in and we had a wonderful lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was really hard for the spirit to be there because of all the distractions of people coming in and out and her grand baby crying and getting into everything. The spirit was there though. It testified that what we were saying was true and she felt it. She started crying when we recited Joseph Smiths first vision. She knows that this Church is true and we invited her to be baptized on October 16th and she said YES!!!!! It was wonderful. I was so excited and happy for her She is truly elect and needs the gospel. Her daughter Jessica also wanted to sit in on the lessons. She said that she believes in what we say! So she is going to be there next time. I am really excited for them both. We then went out to Cook Out with Brother Waters. Brother Waters (Bo) is amazing. He bore a powerful testimony that brought Collette to tears.
Tuesday we had a lesson with a referral. Her name is Kelly Miller. She is a Senior in High School going to Wayne Community College. She is a miracle. She has just started working at Outback. She is a host there. Well she was cleaning up after a couple that had just been eating at the table and they were walking out with some garbage that they had and she offered to take it. He said he would be fine and asked where the dumpster was. She told him that she could do it for him and that it wasn't a problem. Well he took the offer and his wife said "God Bless you" and handed her a pass along card. Well she took the card and phoned the number that night and we set up and appointment with her. She is wanting to increase her faith in Jesus Christ. So it was a wonderful lesson with Brother Romo. She is truly wonderful. I will have to admit, it is difficult to teach someone your age. I try to make sure extra hard that my personality isn't coming across flirty and when I do that I just sound awkward and everybody laughs at me so something I have to work on! Well after that we went on exchanges with the District Leaders. I went with Elder Tibbitts. I love Elder Tibbitts. He is a wonderful missionary. He works really hard and is a very good teacher. Well we didn't do to much since we had to have lunch and then email. We tracted for about a half and hour and then the Hartzel's came and picked us up. It was wonderful. They are a great family. They have only been members for about a year. Brother Hartzel just received the Melchizedek Priesthood. So wonderful. I laughed the whole meal. They are such a funny family. We then went and saw Darline Gibson. She is an Excommunicated member. She is really wonderful though. Her daughter hasn't been baptized yet and neither has her husband. He husband is really against the Church and isn't really interested. I was grateful to have Elder Tibbitts with me who had met with her before. So we figured out that the problem was her husband. She wants to come back to Church but he isn't supportive. So we will continue to see her and meet with her and invite her to repent. Its going to be a hard one but I know the Lord will help us. We then went to ward council. Our ward is absolutely wonderful. They truly love the people her and they love us. They told us some things that will help us with Darline.
Wednesday was District Meeting. I love District Meeting. I can't believe that it is already a new transfer!! We have Mount Olive in our District now and that means I am in Elder Moreno's district again! He's such a funny missionary. Well Elder Jones was having trouble concentrating. I knew that something has been up for a while and it has been progressively getting worse. It seems like he just doesn't really care to be out here. So after District Meeting we went for lunch with the District and then went home to see some former investigators and do some tracting. Elder Jones was out of it. He didn't say much at all and was having a hard time. He was biking extra slowly and it was frustrating me but the spirit was comforting me. I truly love Elder Jones so much but it has been taxing on me. But while I was riding I knew that I could do anything that the Lord wanted me to to do and that I would keep helping and loving Elder Jones. Well when we got back President called him and they talked for about an hour. I then was passed the phone. President told me that Elder Jones was going home. I was devastated! It hurt really bad. President told me that he was going home for person reasons and that is what I needed to tell people. He told me that the AP's were going to be picking him up tomorrow night. He also told me that I would be getting a new companion as well. He has been out for six months and was a really good missionary. So our dinner appointment came to pick us up while I was on the phone. I went back in the apartment and gave Elder Jones a big hug and he started crying. It was hard for him I know but he needed comfort. Well the rest of that night was really hard on him. He didn't say much and was physically sick to his stomach. He even threw up at a members home. It was hard but he kept on going with our appointments. Thursday was actually a really good day. I didn't sleep much the night before because I was worried about Elder Jones and what I could have done better to help him. I also thought if there was anything that I could have done to help him stay. It was a hard day. He told me why he is going home and I am proud of him for the situation he is in. It would have taken a lot of guts but he did it and know that it was the right choice. I now know why I was his companion. I know exactly what he is going through and was able to comfort him. Well the day went well. He actually talked to me a lot more than he usually did which was wonderful. We worked hard until he got picked up. Well the AP's came and picked him up and I got my new companion.
ELDER MATTHEW SCOTT!!! He is from Rochester Minnesota. We unpacked his stuff that night and got to know each other. I know we will work hard and have a lot of fun. It was a really hard day for me though. But my father in heaven comforted me. I am grateful for prayer and the gift of the Holy Ghost. I knew that I tried my best and did everything I could to help Elder Jones. Well I am running short on time. I get kinda distracted while I email. The rest of the week was wonderful. Elder Scott and I are having a blast together. He is a great missionary and we have been working hard. Thank you for all the prayers that you have been sending my way and for Elder Jones. We both need them a lot. I know that the Lord answers our prayers and is here for us in the times we really need him. I hope that y'all have a wonderful week.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment