Saturday, September 18, 2010

Well this week has definitely been great. I have definitely grown a ton since I have been companions with Elder Jones. So on Monday we had P-Day with Elder Casper and Elder Tibbits. They live in a mansion that has a movie theatre in it. We watched the Testaments on it. It was so awesome. I really like the testaments. It is truly a great movie and a felt the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon but most importantly the importance of Christ in my life.
So that night we went out to tract since we didn't have any appointments but Elder Jones biffed it really hard. A bug flew in his eye and he used the hand that goes with his back brake to wipe his eye. Well he realized that the bug wasn't coming out of his eye so he went to slow down and he used his front brake. Well he went over the handle bars and landed on his face. He canned himself pretty good but was ok. We went back to the apartment after that. He could barely walk. I felt bad for him but it was really funny.
On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Tibbits. He is really awesome. I love going on exchanges and just teaching by the Spirit. We had some really great lessons with a couple of their investigators. Edwin is the first one we went and saw. He is really wonderful. He has had some bad experiences at his Church and is wanting to get out. He has been coming to Church and whatever we have invited him to. He is wonderful. He is a bit slower in his learning but has a true desire to learn about the gospel. We tried to set a baptismal date but he said he will let us know when he is ready. He is so funny. He said it in a black southern accent. All you can do is laugh.
We then went to a part member family's home for dinner, the Andersons. Brother Anderson is less active but is wanting to get back to Church. We found out what his wife's concerns were and met her needs. I love the new training we have had. It truly has changed the way we teach and how effective we are as missionaries. They said they were going to come to Church on Sunday but didn't come. They couldn't find a shirt that fit Brother Anderson but they said they would be there next week.
Wednesday we had our last District Meeting of the Transfer. I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone. It seems like we just got here a few days ago. We had our exchange wrap up and it seems like our exchange went well. We got two new investigators, Shiela and Collete. They are both neighbors. We tracted into them both and they said that they would want to know more. Well we set up and appointment with Shiela and Collette just came right over. Apparently it was a wonderful lesson. I am excited for them both. They said that they would be coming to Church.
We went and saw a less active today with Brother Batten. His name is Jerry Cogdell. He is a really great guy. He served a mission and talks about it very highly but has been going through a tough time lately. He just got done going through his third divorce. I couldn't imagine what he is going through right now. its pretty crazy. Well he is open to having us in his home. He realizes that he needs to come back to Church. He just needs to find that desire.
We also saw the Crowders as well. They are doing wonderful. Remo Todd is supposed to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood on Sunday!
Thursday started out terrible. I was sick! I was throwing up everywhere which wasn't the best feeling. We went and saw Kevin that night even though I wasn't feeling well. What an intense lesson. We explained the Atonement and things seemed to be going really well. We were asking him really inspired questions and finding the needs to his concern. Well we were just ending up the lesson and Elder Jones gave him the soft Baptismal invitation. I thought it wasn't the right time but he did it anyways. Well we got to talking about his baptism and he asked if it was valid. Well we explained the doctrine behind it and then told him that it wasn't. It blew him away. I am so grateful that the spirit was the one teaching. I couldn't have said it how he needed it, I am just not that smart. He was angry when we told him but then he reasoned through it and became aware that of course there would need to be authority. Because we were late getting out of there we had to reschedule our appointment with Jimmy which frustrated me.
Well we went and got an appointment with Darline Gibson. Apparently she is in a very similar situation as I was growing up. She was adopted when she was nine into and LDS family. So hopefully the appointment will go well, we will see. She is excommunicated right now but has a daughter who is nine and hasn't been baptized.
Friday I was still sick which wasn't great but we weekly planned which was great. We had a really through planning session for our next transfer. We had alot of member visits tonight starting our faith to invite plan. I love the members in our ward. they are always really keen on finding people for us to teach.
Saturday we had a great time at the Waters Family Reunion. We had a Pig Pickin. I love PORK!!!! Southern food is so amazing. Brother Waters is amazing. I love him so much!!!! He is probably the most hardcore member missionary I have ever met. I pray for him so hard to find someone to teach and baptize. He really deserves it.
Sunday was wonderful. I love Sunday's on the mission. I love Church and I love fasting. We had the great opportunity to see 3 people get ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood. It was absolutely amazing!!! I remembered when I got ordained. It was a special moment. We also went to a baptism. We invited our investigators but hey didn't show to Church or to the Baptism. It made me really sad. They have their agency though. Elder Jones was throwing up as well and wasn't feeling well. He has been phoning President alot lately. He talked to him today for about 2 hours and then another hour in the afternoon.
Well that evening he rushed our member visit which really frustrated so he could get back for a phone call from who I thought was President. Well he detracted from the spirit in the members home which made me quite frustrated. I told him when we got home that a phone call can wait. You can call President whenever. Well I found out that he was waiting for his phone call from his Stake President back home. I was praying for him so hard. I just knelt on the floor and prayed for him the entire phone call. I know that the spirit gave him strength. It definitely was an incredible experience truly praying for someone else as hard as I did.
Well I hope that this next week will be great. I will tell you about Monday next week. It was great. We set a baptismal Date with Collette but to have you on the edge of your seat I am going to save it for next week. Well I love you all so much and I am grateful for all the Prayers coming my way. I hope that y'all have a wonderful week
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment