Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekly Update

Well this week has been really great but challenging at the same time. Elder Birrell has been pretty sick this week so alot of time was spent in the appartment. I have learned alot but there is still more to learn, lots more. I have been really studying Alma alot and also in Mosiah. What great books. I have really learned alot. I don't even no where to begin. Well our investigators have been falling through on appointments but we have been trying hard to just keep up with contacting them whenever we can and doing it DAILY. That is the key. We have seen alot of success when we have been contacting them everyday. We are trying so hard to get with this guy named James. He needs the gospel in his life especially right now. It could really bless his life. But we also know that the Lord has a right time and place and we are trying to be influenced by the spirit on what to do. So we have been trying but he hasn't been home when we have made appointments and ya its been really hard. Shae is another one of our investigators who I have yet to meet. We are trying to get with her becasue we feel that it would really bless her life as well. Joyce is an interesting investigator. I love her so much! She knows alot about religion and she wants it so bad in her life and wants to be a "Mormon" so bad but she cant give up smoking and when she tried to she fell into a depression so were trying really hard to be led by the spirit on her. Kelly Green is a really awesome lady. She has been married for like almost a year but her husband is deployed. Her husband is a member and we are trying to teach her but she is really hard on herself and has a hard time remembering names in the scriptures so she gets frustrated and doesn't want to learn anymore. Well she wants to learn again so we are teaching her and trying not to overwhelm her this time with information and take it easy. So I am really excited about her. We have really been blessed here for the investigators. We just need to work harder. I feel the spirit with me all the time. It is so wonderful. My companion is so awesome. We learn new things about eachother everyday and always have fun no matter what we do. I went golfing on Monday which was interesting. My second time only. I shot a 127 which is horrible but whatever it was alot of fun and my companion had a good time. He is really into golf. Well things are going really good here. I love it so much. The weather is getting alot better its like in the 50 and 60s so pretty awesome. Well I think that is all that has really happened this week.

It seems like the days turn into weeks. I have learned a lot this week that it's not about having the worldly things its about being worthy to go to the temple and going as much as we can. You all keep me going. Thank you for being my family and my friends and never giving up on me. You all are so great and I truly appriciate all that you do for me. I love you all so much and encourage you if you have the time to as a family to just read alittle bit out of the book of mormon each day even if it is a verse. It will help so much as i have seen it help my life. Preach my gospel is amazing as well!!!!!

I love you all so much.
You are Always in my prayers
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment