Saturday, June 12, 2010

Elder Bednar: an apostle of the Lord

This week was pretty amazing. Elizabeth Brown is getting Baptized on June 20th and Justice is getting baptized on June 27. I am really excited for them even though I don't know if I will still be in Pinehurst. I can't believe I have already been out for 6 months. Its really crazy!!! I find out this Saturday (Black Saturday) if I am getting transferred or if Elder Cline is getting transferred or if were both staying. Its kind of exciting. I will be happy with whatever the Lord wants me to do.
I have been so blessed this past week. We got to see Elder Bednar, Elder Snow and Elder Giddens in Chapel Hill on Saturday. Oh my goodness!!! It was so incredible. It was definitely the most spiritual experience I have had, other than in the temple. We had a 3 and a half our meeting with him. It went by so fast. He gave us two talks to read before hand which were written by him, Ask in Faith and Seek Learning By Faith!! We had an hour of follow up on that and then an hour of question and answer and then an hour on what kind of pattern we were seeing. It was a question and answer the whole three and a half ours though. AMAZING!!!! He is a Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ. You could see it in his countenance and you could feel it in your heart. It was incredible. He gave us and Apostolic Promise to which was awesome. I am excited for it to come to pass through my obedience and my desire to serve. The whole mission was there (180 Missionaries) I knew hardly anybody but it was awesome to see my old district and my Canadian buddy!!! It definitely was incredible. I got to make a comment and talk to him for a bit. It was really an incredible experience. He loves us so much! He told me not to get trunkie but the pattern of asking questions and letting our future family be agents is the pattern that I need to raise my kids! It was really funny!!! He is a really down to Earth Man!! And he is short! But it was wonderful to see him. I will probably never have an opportunity like that again. Well Sorry this has been so short but things are going really well here. I hope everything goes well this next week. Know that I love you all so much and am so proud of you all.

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment