Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Elizabeth's Baptism (definitely)


It is comforting to know that we have the spirit with us all the time and that other people can hear it. I had actually a really cool experience with that. The night that we were supposed to find out if we were being transferred, the spirit impressed upon me that I was staying but there was going to be a condition. We got the phone call and there you have it, we are a biking area. I love having the spirit to be with me all the time and constantly be receiving revelation. What a privilege.

I have learned so much out here and I have taught a lot of people. If it wasn't for my parents I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be serving the Lord in this capacity. Thank you for helping me find my testimony and teaching me in righteousness. I love you both so much and am grateful that I have you both there whenever I need you and whenever I think I don't. I will always need you both in my life. I love you!!
Well this week has been a really different week. Biking is really hard. It is hard to get motivated to go outside in this crazy hot weather and after being outside for 2 minutes were already soaking wet. We haven't had a lot of success this past week. We have been doing a lot of knocking doors and talking to people as we see them on the street. How I am grateful to have this privilege to bike and serve the lord in this new capacity. We have seen a lot of miracles from talking to people. Everyone needs this gospel and it is our job not to judge who gets the message. They have their agency to decline our message but we have to give them that opportunity to accept it.

We had an amazing experience yesterday!! Elizabeth Wilson is now the newest member of the Pinehurst ward!!! She got BAPTIZED!!!! It was definitely an amazing experience for everyone. The gospel really does mend families lives. The Baptismal Service was incredible. There was a really good turn out from the ward. The spirit was so strong there. Elizabeth was baptised by Elder Cline. I had the privilege to confirm her. That was the neatest and most spiritual experience I have every had. I felt the Holy Ghost work through me like I have never had before. Words were coming out of my mouth that I had not thought of. This truly is the Lord's work and the Lord's Church. It was definitely a testimony builder to me that I need to always be worthy to have the spirit to be with me.

Elder Cline and I got to teach Primary as well and that was definitely a treat. They know so much and I know so little. I need to learn to accept everything and just do it without question. I definitely look up to the Primary kids in our ward. I love them so much. They really have a special place in my heart!!!! Well I am definitely excited for this week. Its definitely going to be another hot week but we are excited to do a lot of tracting and finding. Justice will be getting baptised this Sunday by his friend Hawk and then Confirmed by Hawks Dad. We are excited about him. His parents are going to find a time for us to come over and talk with him as well. The young men and women in our ward are amazing. They love sharing the Gospel and helping people out. They are an example to me of what I need to continue to do when I get home.
Well I love you all so much. Keep on doing those small and simple things.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment