Monday, June 14, 2010

One More Transfer with Elder Cline

Well as you saw by us teaching primary next week, Elder Cline and I are staying together another transfer. Its crazy that I have been here for 6 months now and by the end of this next transfer i will be here for 7 1/2. Its really unheard of but I am grateful. I really love this are so much. There is so much work to be done here! I love the ward as well. They are amazing. One of the members in our ward just passed out 5 Book of Mormons!!! Its wonderful. You know that President changed the mission around to either being a full time car area or a full time bike area! Well Elder Cline and I have had the Car full time last transfer and we are now a FULL TIME BIKE AREA!!! Its going to be wonderful. Elder Cline and I have made some really great goals for this next transfer. We are going to have to work our butts off. It has already been getting up to 98 and with the heat index 103!!! Its going to get really hot. Apparently its going to be one of the hottest summers they have had in a long time! I am really excited. Elder Cline wants to lose some weight so that is definitely going to happen. I am really pushing him to be more obedient. We are going to strive to be exactly obedient. I am going to help him out as much as I can. We only have one opportunity to give our all of the Lord in this capacity.

Last week was really great. We had some really great lessons with Elizabeth. They got married on Wednesday!!! It was a really neat and different experience. Elder Cline and I were the witnesses. It made me sad to hear till death do you part. That is why the gospel is so wonderful. Elizabeth will be able to be baptized and then a year later be sealed to Brother Wilson for time and all eternity. I know in the past I have said well it doesn't matter if I marry someone that is LDS or not. Well I want to get married in the temple. I am grateful for the Lord and mercy for me to continue to change me to what he wants me to be.

We met with Justice this week and it was great. We talked to him a lot about the Savior and helped him realize who he really is and why he is so important. He is going to be watching Finding Faith in Christ and writing a list down of all that Jesus Christ has done for him. We are excited for him. We have Elizabeth being baptized on Sunday and Justice next Sunday. I am so excited for them. The Lord has been very kind to us.

We will have to be doing a lot of finding over the next week. We don't have any other investigators that are progressing other than them. I am excited to be able to spent more time on bikes and outside. I am going to be learning how to be more patient and how to really endure. Its going to be hot!!! We will be getting a new District Leader this week! Elder Bigelow is going home. I love him so much and am so grateful for all that he has taught me. He is definitely a missionary I look up to. I can't believe I have been out for 6 months. They have really just flown by.

Oh Elder Cline and I got to sing on Sunday. It was really amazing to see how the Lord helps us if we are Humble. I really needed the help and I got the strength. We sounded really good. We sang "A Poor Way Faring Man of Grief. We got a lot of compliments. I love our ward so much. They are so kind to us.

I have really seen the power of the Lord this week. I have been studying the Book of Mormon alot! I have been studying by topic and I have been, in my spare time, reading it cover to cover. I haven't done that yet on my mission but am really learning alot. I want my testimony of the Book of Mormon to be stronger. I have really noticed a change in myself over the past week. I have seen how fasting every week, paying my fast offering every month, even though I have very little and praying all the time has really made me more humble and teachable. I am grateful for all that I have. I am excited to continue to do all those things and more. I need all the help I can get. The Saviors Lives! He love each one of us. The Book of Mormon is the TRUE word of God! I love being a missionary and I love repenting and changing to be who the Lord wants me to be!!!! May God Bless you all over this next week. Endure to the End!!!

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment