Monday, February 7, 2011

I am thankful for all the support our mission president gives me!! I am so grateful to have a loving mission president, for talking to me while we were at the mission home. I wasn't expecting it at all but it was a wonderful surprise. I really have learned a lot from him and have been using the suggestions he has given me and our companionship. I have noticed a huge difference in myself and my companion since we have met with him. We are a lot more bold and are fulfilling our purpose more as missionaries. I am thankful for his being inspired to speak with me. I am so grateful for him and love him dearly.

This week has been pretty slow. Our investigators have had a hard time answering their phones for some reason. We have gotten a lot of appointments for this week though so we are really excited about that. The work here is going really good though. The ward is there 100 percent to support us and Brother Larson got the 15 names from the ward this week and the 2nd ward are going to decide on some names and contact them this week and have some people for us to see. We are really excited about it.

We had a whole family come to Church this week. It was wonderful. Our Elder's Quorum President invited them to his baby blessing and they came. We met with them this week to drop a movie that a member wanted us to drop off. He is a really great guy and has a wonderful family. The Friz family has 4 kids all over the age of 8. Brother Friz was like well when are you going to come over again and talk to us about the movie I watched. We set up an appointment with them for Tuesday. They are wonderful. A lot of the ward actually works with him so there are a lot of fellowshippers.

The Brookes family didn't come to Church again this Sunday and won't answer our calls. The members can't get ahold of them either so we're not sure whats going on there. We hopefully will find out soon! They are a wonderful family who is prepared for the gospel message!

We also have an appointment with the O'Brian family this week as well. They are wonderful! I am so grateful for them. I am really excited to meet with them again this week!

We are also seeing this new part member family this week, the Alford family. Sister Alford just got married. She is an active member. Her husband came to the ward activity this weekend and so we set up an appointment to meet with them this Tuesday. They are wonderful.

Our youth are amazing. They brought their friends to the dance so we gave them Books of Mormon to give to them. It was a really neat experience for us and them. I know that our youth are where we are going to find those ready to hear the message of the gospel.

Well I am sorry this is so short but we have a lot of things to do today for P-Day. We are trying to hang out with a member of our ward that is not to sure about going on a mission. His father is terminally ill. He only has weeks to live so we are trying to be with their family to help in any way we can. Hope you have a great week and know that I love y'all.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment