Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Power in the Book of Mormon

Elder Petersen is getting transferred. I am really sad about it. I love him very much and its going to be hard to see him go. So I will be getting a new companion tommorow. Our district is also changing. President has called me to be a District Leader. The District is going to consist of Zebulon and Knightdale and the sisters. We are also going to a part time car which shall be interesting but that is what the Lord wants so we will do it His way. I am so nervous but really excited as well. It will help, really help me grow and expand my capacity to love.
Well this week has been a wonderful week. I am so grateful for our area book and the wonderful tool it is for missionary work. Elder Petersen and I have been seeing miracles as we have applied the training that we have received in our Training. We decided at the Training that we would role play in our companionship studies how to use the Book of Mormon more in our lessons. We have quite a few investigators that have concerns about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It has really helped us out as we have role played these situations and how we have used them in our work. We can't teach until we have aquired how to teach the doctrine by the Spirit. We have also been able to teach with more unity as we practiced in our companionship study.
Things have been going really great here in the Wake Forest Area. We have been going through our area books and it has been a really neat experience. We have seen so much success with the former investigators as we have stopped by to see how they are doing. We have gotten 3 return appointments with them and even taught one of them a lesson and is now an investigator. I am so grateful to have the area books. It has made me want to make sure that our area books are always up to date and that we are keeping a "neat and clean" record of those who weren't ready then to accept the gospel but now could be ready.
We met with the Fritz family again. I was on exchanges that evening but they had a good lesson with them. Brother Fritz has a big problem with faith and prayer. He has compared faith to believing in Santa. He has lots of support from the members in our ward who continually try and help him out. We have another meeting with him this upcoming week.
We will also be meeting with the O'Brians this week. They have really tested my faith which has been great. I have learned so much as I have put countless hours of study, pray and fasting for them. I know that if they read the Book of Mormon with sincerity they will find their answer. It isn't going to be by proving Jospesh Smith is a true Prophet with a battle of words. God is the only one that can testify to them that the Book of Mormon is true. I am so grateful for the power of the Book of Mormon. I am also grateful for them and their love for the Savior to continue learning.
We have a few appointments lined up for this week that will be wonderful. I am really excited. This area is starting to boom! I am so grateful for the support of our ward mission leaders and bishops. The first ward has all 15 names and the 2nd ward has 12 names. Thing are starting to get really busy and crazy but its all very exciting. The wards are amazing and I love them very much.
Well I hope y'all have a great week. Know that I love you and will give you more information about whats going on next week.
Love Elder Butler

1 comment:

  1. That’s great to hear about your new position.

    Just remember to not let it go to your head, and be sure to use it as an opportunity to grow, learn ,and develop charity.

    ReplyDelete