Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Finally Have Put a Hole In My Shoes!!


Well this week has been a really hard week for me. I ended up being really sick from about Wednesday night to yesterday. It was really hard not being able to work. But I took the opportunity to do alot of praying, studying, making sure everything is up to date with our area books and making appointments with those that we have been trying to see. It really has been a different pace being sick. We are always going going going which is good but the Lord definitely helped me learn something. I learned the importance of the Priesthood. I know as we rely on the Priesthood power and have faith in the Savior we can be healed. I also learned a lot about a ward family and the importance of being apart of that family. Everyone was so worried about me and made sure that I was comfortable and got me what I needed to get better. It was surely an amazing experience for me. I learned also to prioritize things as well. I learned that patience is key and that we need to be COUNSELING with he Lord each day to make sure that our days are purpose driven and that we aren't doing activities that are not the best. I am so grateful for my companion Elder Johnson. I really love him. He really helped me out when I was sick and was there ready to help me and to serve me. He truly loves me and I can feel that through his service.
We did however have a great District Meeting. I got really inspired By President Eyrings talk that he gave in conference. It really helped me look at what I could do to improve the quality of our District Meetings. The Spirit was so much stronger as we tried some new ideas and made it into more of a discussion rather than me teaching them. The Holy Ghost was really the teacher at our meeting. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in this capacity. I am definitely learning a lot and I know that the Lord is helping me every day help the district see miracles. I love my District very much. I know that the missionaries under my stewardship are purpose driven in everything they do. Each companionship is perfect. The members, investigators and non members see that we are called of God. What a blessing it is to learn from such great missionaries. They really have changed my life. I am just so grateful for them!
We had a miracle this past weekend. We have been praying a lot about the Brooke's family. They are ready to hear the gospel and want to hear it but don't ever have time to meet with us. We haven't seen them at Church in the past like 10 weeks until yesterday. The Lord sure has shown us his tender mercies. I know that the Lord blesses those who are obedient. So Maddie (the daughter) came yesterday and we were talking to her and she said "I miss coming here and so does my parents. We really love coming to Church and it has been different since I haven't been coming!" They want to have us over not only in their home but they want the Parrish Family to be involved. We are going to be hopefully meeting in the Parrish's home this week and have a lesson with them. It really was a great miracle!
The Lord has prepared the people here in Wake Forest. I know that there is at least a dozen people that the members know that we can teach who are prepared. I know that there are Dozens ready for us to find on our own efforts as well. The Lord is waiting to bless us but I have come to realize that its upon my obedience, the higher law, that we will be able to find those people. I am so grateful the Lord is with us all the way. I hope and pray that I can continue being an instrument in His hand and that He can keep refining me.
I am really excited for the Zone Conference coming up. Its going to be wonderful. I am so excited to learn from the spirit. The topic for discussion at Zone Conference is really what I need to hear. We have investigators that need help with the topic of prayer! I am really grateful for my Zone Leaders. I know that Elder Brown and Elder Torres are called to serve this Zone. I feel of their love and am so grateful for it. They are truly inspired.
Guess what. After 16 months I finally have put a hole in my shoes!!! What a blessing it is that I am able to walk and do the work of the Lord. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment