Monday, April 4, 2011

Miracles Awaiting Us

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. What a great time it is for us to be living on the Earth. I am so blessed to be serving for the Lord full time. What a blessing it is in my life. What a blessing it is to have that wonderful opportunity to hear from our Prophet. I love him!!
So I am staying another transfer with Elder Johnson. Nobody in my District is changing which has never happened for me before. They are really great missionaries. Things have started to really pick up in each area. The Lord really truly is blessing us all. We are still without a vehicle for the moment. Elder VanDeren gets his results back on his MRI sometime this week. So we will see what happens. There are a lot of things going to happen in this next month. On April 11 there is FHE at the Hopkins who are in Falls Lake Ward. They are having a musical FHE for our investigators. On April 29th we are doing an Open Mic Night at a coffee shop. We are inviting a lot of members from the community to come and perform and have a good time. We are going to talk to everyone. Its going to be really great. We have activity Zone conference as well next week. We also have a temple trip this transfer. So this month is really going to fly by. Oh and its My Birthday and MOMS Birthday as well which adds to all the excitement!!!!! So I have decided that I am going to be a little more positive. I have been worrying to much. I need to stop and trust in the Lord! I am just really pumped up and ready to work HARD this next transfer. We are going to find these miracles that are waiting for us. We need to seek them.

Well I will tell you this week has been a really amazing week. I have seen the blessings of the gospel in my own life and the lives of others. We are truly seeing miracles as we put or faith in the Savior. I have also realized the importance of the Spirit being the teacher and using us as His instruments. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord at this specific time in my Life. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be another transfer in the Wake Forest Area. I really love this place a lot. The members are wonderful and really trust us, and the people that we meet are really awesome. I hope that I can keep on becoming and talk to everyone. That is one of my goals this week, to look for someone who is prepared to hear the gospel in every activity I do. Even if it is going out for lunch at a fast food place!

So we had a miracle this past week. We got home from an appointment around 8pm and decided that we needed to go and see this part member family, the Gants. So it was dark and it was about 4 miles aways so we plugged it into the GPS and started riding. Well we were biking for a long time not knowing where we really were and then we stopped and we thought we had reached our destination when in reality it was 7 miles away from where we were supposed to be. Well it was about 8:50 and we had to decide what we were going to do. Before we got in this neighborhood I told Elder Johnson we are going to see a miracle. So we prayed and asked Heavenly Father what door we should knock on. Well by this time it was 8:56pm. We walked down the long driveway and knocked on this ladies door at 8:58. We knew that we had been sent to this area for a reason. We wanted to at least knock on one door because we knew that we had a long ride back home. So we knocked on this one door. Well she was on the phone the second time we knocked and waved us to wait a minute. Well we talked to her for a moment and explained what happened and she was fine with where she was at. Well we both walked away realizing that it was probably just a test of faith on our behalf. Well we rode up the hill and the security guard was driving towards us. As we were talking to him we realized that we had come in the back way to a gated community. As we were talking to him we invited him to be taught by us and he said " I am really busy but I want you to come and teach my family your message." We got his number and had a really good feeling about him. It is amazing the miracles the Lord has in store for his people as we diligently search for them. It was a testimony builder to me that we need to work till the last moment. Its not till that last moment that we will see that miracle.

We met with Brother Wellborn and had a great lesson with him this past week. We shared with him the Plan of Salvation and had Brother Cooper Epps with us on exchange. He bore his testimony powerfully. I know that he is going to make a great missionary. Well we talked to him about the purpose of life and then he went into saying "Well I already live the lifestyle y'all live. I drink coffee but I can stop" Well we invited him to be baptized on April 30th and he accepted. The Lord truly is effecting his life. It was really exciting to see him really figure out what his problems were and what he needs to change. It was really exciting. The only problem we have with him is that he doesn't want to meet every week. But we are doing service for him every week so that will help us make sure that we are having daily contact with him. I am grateful that his wife is active and is always there for him. I know that the Lord has prepared him to hear the gospel.

We have been working a lot with our ward with the President Harding Challenge. We have seen some great success from it and it really is exciting the members to do missionary work. It is something that definitely takes patience but in the end it will bless the future missionaries of this area and it will bless the members individually. I am so grateful that we have an inspired leader who acted upon the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I have seen a difference in our district because of this Challenge.

I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to work with so many great missionaries. They really are teaching me a lot and I am so grateful for their faith and wisdom. I truly love each one of them and I know that the Lord has put them in their respective areas for a reason. I am so grateful for the power of the Spirit which blesses our district meetings.

General Conference was amazing!!!! I loved every minute of it. I learned a lot about myself and how I can become better and how I can help my investigators progress. I also learned about the pattern of teaching from the Authorities. They are truly inspired men. I love each one of them and sustain them. I am so grateful that the Windows of Heaven are open and that the Lord really pours out his blessings to his children as they are worthy.
Thank you for all your support. I hope y'all know that I love and pray for you everyday. I am so grateful to have a wonderful family. What a blessing it is in my life. Keep up the great work. Y'all are doing so great and I am so proud of you and I know that Heavenly Father is proud of you. I feel bad for y 'all because you live in the world right now. It must be hard and I look up to you. I know that as you keep his commandments and endure to end he will bless you continually. The Heavens are Open!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! Hope y'all have a great week
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment