Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Moments that Make it all Worth it

Well this week has been really good but also frustrating! The road to becoming isn't very easy. It takes alot to be obedient. It is also getting harder because Elder Birrell is in that mode that he goes home in four weeks. He is doing good but I feel that he is starting to shut down. I am trying my hardest to help him finish strong but it is hard but you know me I am just patient and keep trying. I do whatever he wants me to do and am pretty easy going about it but we can be doing so much more. So that has been really hard on me this week. I have had some really life changing experiences though this week. Brother Leech is a less- active in our ward that is trying to make the right choice. He is probably going to be exed for what he has done but he knows that already. He wants to change his life and is working so hard at it. We had a really intense converstation and at the end we got him to pray about it. Nothing we did it was all the spirit. I had some really neat things happen to me and questions made answers and my testimony grew so much. All the hard times that I have been going through are made worth it just becuase of that moment. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I have started seeing the spirit work through me more and more and I LOVE IT!!! I have been studying really hard and trying all that I can but I still fall short. I have made some really great goals that I am going to try and achieve for this next week!
We saw Astevia and her family this week again and they seem to be doing good but didn't come to Church which made me sad but we tried. Its all on the Lords time. I passed off Lesson 1 with Elder Birrel this week which made me feel really good but I know that the Lord was helping me. I had to memorize like 10 scriptures and it was really hard but I did it. He wants me to pass off the rest before he goes and I'm going to do it. It will take some stretching but I will do it!
So things are going good. I love you
all and pray for you everyday.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment