Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gearing up for my 1st TRANSFER!

Well this week has been really different for me. It definitely has been the slowest week of my mission. I am grateful to be here in Pinehurst and I don't want to go. I really love it here and truly have the love of Christ for the members and non-members here. The members were so nice to me this past week. We had dinner and lunch's all week! I have gotten a lot of people to sign my remember book and they just have said so many nice things. I am really nothing without the Lord. I am so grateful to have started out here and feel the love that Christ has for me through the members of the ward. They would really do anything for me.

It was definitely hard saying goodbye to my converts. Kelly and I just both cried! Same with Elizabeth. I truly love them with all my heart and want to serve them in whatever capacity I can. Its amazing when you have love for the people it changes everything. I am definitely going to miss this ward so much. Sis Young should get there this week. I think she said Wednesday!

Well I am really excited to train and be in a new area. Its going to be really intense and I am going to have to learn fast and really rely on the spirit. I have truly been comforted by the Holy Ghost. I fasted yesterday to have the fullness of the Holy Ghost with me while I train and open up this new area! I felt the love and comfort from the Lord that this is where I am supposed to serve. I am really sad to be leaving Elder Cline. I truly love him so much and will really miss him. He is definitely a great Elder and I am excited to be training with him. We will definitely be keeping in touch throughout the mission.

Well Justice is still getting baptised this next week. We are going to be going and seeing him today for the last time. I hope! I think that he got surgery again on his face. We have been doing alot of tracting and alot of finding this week and got 4 referrals which was awesome. We were definitely grateful for that.

We got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week which usually doesn't happen but they called President and felt like they needed to and it would be a good idea. We had alot of fun. So funny story. The Zone Leaders cover 3 wards, Fayetteville 3rd, Singles ward and the Fort Bragg ward (which is a military ward). So we had a couple of appointments on post that night so we go and check in at the gate and they asked us for our licences. Of course they looked at mine. They then asked where it was from. I told them Canada and they just looked at me. I repeated myself and then they said that they needed to see my passport!!!! Who in there right minds carries their passport around? Well needless to say they wouldn't let me on base. So funny. So I went on splits with the Elder Quorum President of the Fayetteville ward while Elder Milovich went onto post. I played with his kids and got ice cream. Definitely a great time. Well I hope that your next week is wonderful. I am sure my new email will be a bit more exciting than this one. I am so grateful to be out here. I truly love it so much and man its great. I get to go and spend the rest of today with Brother Leech!!!! I love him so much and am really going to miss him alot. Well I love you all and pray for you always.
Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment