Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Training

Well sorry this email is going to be short. We went golfing on Pinehurst #6 today and it was great but took longer than we expected. We went with Bro. Wilson. He is amazing. I sure love him and his family. Its usually a 250-300 dollar course but we got on for FREE!!! BOO YA! . Well this week has definitely been a crazy one. We have had some really long days tracting and finding NO one to teach but like Mindy has said "Tracting is for us (the missionaries)" I am grateful for the opportunity to be in Pinehurst. The ward is absolutely amazing! They really love doing missionary work and that's how we get investigators that are solid.
Twain dropped us this week :( ! I was really sad to get the phone call about it. He told us that he learned alot from our Church but was Baptist his whole life and really likes his pastor. We are going to keep in touch with him because he has received an answer whether the church is true or not. It's a matter of following the spirit. Justice is doing good but man is it hard to teach teenagers. They don't want to listen ever and getting them to have a lesson with us is a nightmare. His date is still forAugust 1, 2010.
Well some exciting news. This morning Elder Cline and I got a phone call from President. We have been getting alot of Phone calls from him lately about the work here and different things but this phone call was a bit different. Elder Cline talked to him for like 10 minutes and then he handed it off to me. Well President has called me to be a TRAINER!! I am so excited. Its going to definitely be a challenge training a brand spankin new missionary. I know I was alot of work. So I am really excited about that. He then told me something else which has now got me nervous. Not only am I training but I am opening up a new area in the mission. It is definitely going to be an adventure but I know that the Lord will help me no matter what happens. I am excited to be on the same grounds as my new companion. It will be fun to learn the area together! Man I am so honored and blessed to have the opportunity to have this calling! I am excited to spend another week here. We are going on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week which is weird but I am excited. I really love our Zone Leaders. Usually its only the District Leader that goes on exchanges but we get the privilege of going on exchanges! We also have an appointment with Astevia, Kim and Katherine this week which I am excited about! We haven't been able to get up with them in a month or two. It is going to be hard to say goodbye this week to so many people that I truly love. I truly love this area so much and am grateful to have made so many deep friendships with the members. Oh ya I almost forgot. Well Elder Cline, Bro. Hurlbut, Bro. Chipman, and I sang yesterday in Church. It went really well. We sang Hymn 337 a ccapella! So Sunday morning at about 8 in the morning we got a call from our Bishop. The High Council Speaker called in sick and Bishop needed someone to speak so he asked us both if we could speak for 15 minutes A PIECE!! Well Church starts at 10 and we have meetings from 8:20 -9:40, so needless to say we had between 10-20 minutes to prepare. I was really nervous but the spirit comforted me and I said what the spirit wanted me to say. I have never felt so calm in my life giving a talk before. It was amazing and definitely a miracle that anybody learned anything from our talks! It truly is the Lords work I sure love you all so much and am grateful for all that you do for me. You are all in my prayers.
Love Elder Butler

1 comment:

  1. That’s awesome, Chase! You’ll do great. I only wish I could’ve trained earlier than 23 months out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete