Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pushing Through the Setbacks

Well alot of people are at the Library so I guess I will just keep it short this week. Things are going really good here. I had my Interview with President this past week and he told me that I will be transferred at the end of this transfer. I am really sad to leave but I know that it will be ok. The Lord truly directs the work here and I will go where he wants me to go. I am really nervous about the transfer since it will be my first one and Pinehurst is all I know but it will be great. I love the excitement of getting to know new people. The work here in Pinehurst is going great. We have been doing alot of knocking!! Justice has pushed back his Baptism to August 1 which means I wont be here. That is totally ok though. His friend from Oklahoma is coming the end of July and Justice's parents want him to there for it. I know that I had nothing to do with his conversion at all. It has all been the spirit. I know that we will be friends forever and that's really all that matters. So it hasn't been to hard for me to grasp that I won't be here for it but we haven't told Justice yet. Twain was doing good until yesterday. We have been getting a member to pick him up for Church since he doesn't have a vehicle. So he called us Saturday night and told us that he was bringing a buddy to church so he wouldn't need a ride. That got Elder Cline and I really excited. So we went to Church and didn't see him at all. We wondered what was going on? Brother Chipman ( the member who has been picking him up and been in the lessons with him) decided that he was going to go and check up on him. So he went over to his house and he wasn't home but his father was home. Brother Chipman started asking him some questions seeing if he was living the Word of Wisdom. Well it looks like we have another problem. The father said that he "shacks with a girl alot" He also told him "that he has been drinking coffee and alcohol this week" Well that was definitely a bummer to hear about. Apparently is hes not keeping his commitments and we will have to get him to tell us about them. So needless to say, we will be moving Twain's Baptismal date back. I hope that things will start to look better in the upcoming weeks as we teach him. His dad also told Brother Chipman that he likes to lie alot so we will definitely be going by the spirit on this one like we always try to do. It saddens my heart to find out about all of these things but I hope that we can get past all of these road blocks, repent and then move on. He can do it. He truly is elect!!! On the other hand we got a phone call from Lisa Black this past week and she said that she was really excited to meet with us again and would give us a call to set up an appointment. She said that she has been reading alot and believes it to be true. The Lord truly is blessing us!! I am grateful to be in this area. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I love being a missionary. I love being able to talk to everyone and to share the gospel before I even start speaking. I love being able to wear Christ's name on my chest all the time and be a FULL-time representative for him. It is hard and I still have a long way to go and lots to learn and re learn but I know that I can do anything through the Saviors help. This past week has been a real special week for me. I finished reading through the Book of Mormon for my first time out here!! Heavenly Father truly blessed me with a feeling of comfort and peace about the book as I read and when I finished. The Book of Mormon is true. I love it with all my heart and can never deny it. It truly has brought me closer to God and will bless anyone's life who reads it. What a blessing it is to be here. I love it so much and time keeps getting faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment