Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Small and Simple

What a week! We have been trying to Obey with Exactness this week which has really helped us both grow towards our Savior and feel a bigger portion of the spirit to be with us. I feel the added strength by getting up on time and going to bed on time even though I haven't been able to get as much done. I have found becoming one of the hardest parts but I have loved every minute of it.
When we do small and simple things like reading our scriptures and praying we show the Lord that we love him and have faith in him. We also show Him that we can handle the small things and he will instill us with bigger things.
It talks alot in the scriptures how our faith needs to be like the faith of little children. I have been trying to have that faith of a little Child. I have found out this week that faith even though we may think its such a simple principle, it really is difficult to define and describe. It says in Alma 32 that faith is a hope for things which are not seen but are true. It is comforting to know that even though we can't see things like Chirst or his ministry that they are ALL TRUE! I have really taking a liking to studying the scriptures. Yesterday we were at a members house for lunch and they have a son that is less active. There son is planning to be famous with his music. He had a friend doing his photograph for his website come from Utah for the weekend. Well Doug ( the less active) came to church with his friend for the first time in 6 months. It was great to see him there. Well anyways his friend is trying to become an institute teacher and is very intelligent towards the gospel. I want to become that way sometime. I know its all about becoming. There was a quote that I really liked. A Testimony is knowing and feeling but true conversions is about doing and becoming (Elder Oaks) Isn't that such a true statement. We are all on different stages of our conversion and I want to become so bad but I know that I am nothing without the Lord (Alma 26) It has really put myself in my place reading Alma 26. I need the Lord to do HIS work. If I dont have his spirit I WONT be able to do his work the way HE wants it to be done. I have been trying to be really positive to myself this week but I have found that this is my weakness but the Lord will show us our weakness that through him they might become our strengths (Ether 12:27) I am so grateful for the gospel and all that I'm learning. I want to become so bad but I need to realize that it will take time and I need to be patient and dililgent!
Well our investigators are doing really good. We tried to set a date with Astevia, Kim and Katherine but they said they weren't ready yet. They are still waiting for that big answer that they wont get. We are going to try to explain to them again that the peace they are feeling is their answer. That they need to show faith by acting on that answer and be baptized by the proper authority. We have been doing alot of finding activities this week. Its been really hard being slammed on alot but it will be totally worth it. We will find those souls who are really prepared and elite and want the gospel in their homes. Elder Birrell is leaving in two weeks which has made my stress levels go up but its all about becoming and I need to just trust in the Lord for he will deliver me. I'm prettty sure that I'm going to have a follow-up trainer but we will see... Well things are going good here in North Carolina. It's crazy to think that I will have been out for three months and even crazier to think that when Elder Birrell leaves I will have been out the same amount of time as Nauvoo. I am so grateful for each one of you. I love you all and keep you in my prayers.

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment