Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thoughts of Home

I have been thinking alot about home this week! I really do miss it sometimes but I am trying not to focus to much on it. It has been a really tough week this week. Elder Birrell leaves for transfer meeting tommorow where he will be going home on Wednesday. I have really seen him grow this past little bit and have noticed how strong his testimony is. It has been a bit hard though because he has become "trunkie!" I love him though. We have been talking alot about home though. But I passed off another lesson with him this week and will be passing off another one before he leaves tommorow with him. I have had to memorize so many scriptures but have truly loved doing it. This week has been pretty good though. We have been tracting alot and having little success but its been good trying to find people. I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week and take over our area. I know the area better than I thought which gives me comfort. I need to stop stressing out about alot of things but put all that energy that goes into stressing, into the Lord. We haven't really had much sucess teaching our investigators but we have been using the Book of Mormon in our teaching more. There has been a drastic difference when we have used The Book of Mormon. It is tangible evidence that our Church is true, without it we would just be another Church. I have made some new goals for this new transfer that will help me stretch and grow. I am excited to get a new companion as well even though it will be different I am really excited. Elder Farrer, who is serving in Cammeron and is in our district, is being transferred as well. So half of our District will be new. My new companion will be the District Leader so that will be good! Things have been going really good here though. It has definately been a real growing experience for me thats for sure. I can see myself changing to what the Lord wants me to be. We had Stake Conference this weekend which was great. We had a broadcast from Salt Lake. Elder Sitati, Sister Thompson and President Packer spoke. It was really great. I love how the spirit works. Its not only a comforter but it also is a corrector. It has chastized me so many times this week which means that I have alot of changing but that the Lord cares enough about me to push me in the right direction. I also have the FLU!!!! It has been terrible but I have been trying to work as much as I can. Its getting worse but I know and have faith that if I keep working hard the Lord will help me. I hate being sick but it happens. It has started to get really beautiful here. It got up to 90 the other day. Man its going to be a hot summer. Well I am glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope you know that I love you all and am so proud of each one of you. May the Lord bless you as you continue to do those daily things to bring you closer to him. Like it says in the Book of Mormon Introduction: "A man/women will grow closer to God if he reads the Book of Mormon"

Love Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment