Monday, March 29, 2010

Example and Testimony

Sometimes its just by our examples that someone will be converted to the gospel and also by bearing our testimonies. Everyone has a testimony of Christ or they wouldn't be on Earth. It is our job to bare our testimonies and help them recall some feeling they have had in the past (pre-mortal life). I was thinking of Sam. Even though his big brother Nephi was the one talked about alot Sam was just as righteous.

Well my week has been pretty eventful. Elder Birrell left this week which was really hard and I think about him alot. He really taught me alot but I need to take what I have learned and just move on. My new companion is Elder John Andrew Cline II. He is from West Jordan, Utah. He has been out 6 months, so it is a great feeling knowing that he wont be leaving me!! He is the oldest of three. He has a 17 year old brother and 7 year old sister. He is really awesome. I love him already. He is really into music and plays the piano so we have been having alot of fun with that. He is the Senior Companion and I am the Junior. It has been a bit wierd leading the area just because I know it. Its surprising how the Lord helps me out with the area. I have been sick with the flu this week so we have been home a couple days this week but I am better now almost. We set a baptismal date with Astevia, Kim and Katherine for April 24th. We are really excited about that. They asked if they could pray about it but didn't find a problem with the date. We told them they should pray about it. I am really excited for them. We dropped James this week. It made my heart sad and it was really hard. His mother told us that he didn't want to meet with us and that he wasn't going to join our church. It was really sad. We have 2 new investigators though. It is a real adventure teaching them. They like to talk alot but we got in a lesson and the spirit was felt. I really love our ward so much. They are so great!!!! Well that was pretty much my week. We have interviews with the president coming up next week and we have a temple trip on April 14 which I am really excited about. Well know that I love you all and pray for each one of you!!! I know the Church is true and it was restored by a Prophet that was Called of God. I know that this week is going to be great because we get to hear from our General Authorities. I am way stoked about it. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know that he suffered for me. Keep on doing what your doing and remember to take the time to read your scriptures and talk with your Heavenly Father Daily.
Love Elder Butler


No comments:

Post a Comment